PROPOSED BYLAW AMENDMENT (September 18th, 2017)
Per Section 6.06 (C) : “A notice and a copy of the proposed amendment(s), clearly stating the article(s) and section(s) to be amended, shall be sent to all groups registered with the Intergroup at least sixty (60) days prior to the meeting at which a vote on the proposed amendment(s) to the bylaws is scheduled. This notice shall include the date, time and place of that meeting.”
This amendment will be voted on at the December Intergroup Representatives Meeting
Date: Thursday, December 14th, 2017
Time: 6:30 pm
Location: Al Sigl Gym (across the parking lot from Central Office in main Al Sigl Building, 2nd Floor)
Section 5.07 – Education and Participation Committee
- The purpose of this committee is to foster and encourage group participation in the Rochester Area Intergroup, Inc. and to provide training to facilitate participation.
- The Education and Participation Committee shall consist of not less than three members of A.A.
- Officers shall be elected internally and shall meet such sobriety requirements as the committee (and/or §5.03-B of these bylaws) may specify. The chairperson shall be elected by the committee for a term of two (2) years.
- The duties and responsibilities of the Education and Participation Committee are:
- To foster participation and membership in the Intergroup.
- To welcome new members of the Voting Body of the Intergroup (§2.10), and to provide them with information regarding the structure and operations of the Intergroup.
- To establish and conduct educational and informational sessions for group secretaries and treasurers, Intergroup Representatives, and others as appropriate.
PROPOSED CHANGES TO BYLAW:
- The Education and Participation Committee shall strive to consist of not less than 3 members of AA.
- Officers shall be elected by Education and Participation members by a vote and shall meet such sobriety requirements as the committee (and/or §5.03-B of these bylaws) may specify. It is suggested that the chairperson have two (2) years sober. The chairperson shall be elected by the committee for a term of two (2) years or serve for one (1) year as co-chair and one (1) year as chair.
D1. To foster participation and membership in the Intergroup. This includes visits by Education and Participation committee members to groups without an Intergroup representative. Lists of groups to visit is maintained by the Board of Trustee’s secretary, along with information from the Registrar at the Intergroup meeting. The Board of Trustees will also visit groups.
D2. To welcome new members of the Voting Body of the Intergroup (§2.10), and to provide them with information regarding the structure and operations of the Intergroup via a monthly orientation, typically held before or after the monthly Intergroup meeting.
D3. To establish and conduct educational and informational workshops for AA members.
D4. To maintain and develop pamphlets specific to the needs of the Rochester Area Intergroup. Pamphlets will be approved by the Intergroup Body.
D5. To coordinate the collection and updating of flyers for Committee of the Month.