The purpose of the E&P Committee is to foster and encourage Group participation in the Rochester Area Intergroup and to provide training to facilitate such participation
Come and see what we do in person!
We meet on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 6:00 pm in the Central Office Committee Room
Currently the E&P Committee provides workshops on a number of different topics such as:
- Step 4, inventory process
- Steps 6 & 7, character defects
- Steps 10 & 11, prayer meditation inventory
**During our workshops we invite a standing committee to share their experience with intergroup service to make 12th step work possible
The E&P Committee also:
- Reaches out to groups without Intergroup Representatives and provides information on how to get involved, and the Board of Trustees helps us with this effort
- We can visit your group to talk about how to have an Informed Group Conscience as well as how to have a Group Inventory
- We can provide Secretary and Treasurer Training to new groups or groups with new members,
- Any questions your group may have about Rochester Service Committees and Our Service Structure, reach out to us! We can
The E&P Committee is also responsible for welcoming new Intergroup Representatives and providing monthly orientation (2nd Thursday at 6pm) on topics surrounding the purposes, services and structure of the Intergroup, monthly Intergroup Representatives meeting format, agenda and procedures.
E&P has created pamphlets for the Rochester Area Intergroup such as “Rochester Area Intergroup and You”, “The Beginners Pamphlet”, “l2 Step Calls – Taking and Making”, “The Intergroup Representative (IR)” and “RAI Board of Trustees FAQs”.
The E&P committee provides outreach to AA groups for the purpose of educating and assisting groups to participating at the Intergroup level.
Grow spiritually through the act of service, and giving back to a program that has saved your life. Grow also in knowledge while researching the information necessary to produce a Workshop to help educate others.
Our primary purpose is to carry the message – Through the efforts of individual AA members, groups, and the services provided by the Intergroup and Central Office
Please attend a committee meeting to meet us all! We’d love to see you!
If you need to be in touch with the committee but cannot attend the meeting, call Central Office, 585-232-6720, or email the committee directly at firstname.lastname@example.org