Although there are slightly different procedures and requirements for getting cleared to go into the various county and state facilities in the Rochester area, it is always possible to take the first steps towards getting cleared. Once the ball is rolling, before you know it, you can be carrying AA’s message of hope into the facility or facilities nearest you! Here is how to get started.
- Attend an orientation at either facility (contact Central Office for the upcoming dates at 585-232-6720).
- Read the Monroe County Clearance Information Sheet.
- Complete this application and turn it in to Central Office, NOT the facility. You can either bring the application into the office in person or mail it to:
- AA Central Office
- Attn: Mary S.
- 1000 Elmwood Avenue, Greenhouse
- Rochester, New York 14620
- When you mail in the application, be sure to mention whether or not you have already attended an orientation at the facility, that way, if you haven’t, we can let you know when and where you can!
- Although there is no sobriety time requirement to get started in taking meetings in to MCF or MCJ, it is required by the facilities that it has been at least four years since you have been in jail, in prison, on probation, or on parole before you can be cleared for entry.
All State Correctional Facilities (Albion, Attica, Auburn, Groveland, Livingston, Orleans, Rochester, Wyoming):
- Follow these instructions to obtain and complete the latest version of the application and submit it to the Corrections Committee State Facility Liaison.
- Please note: State facility applications should NO LONGER be turned in to Central Office.
- The State Facility Liaison will work with you through the application and clearance process, which can take 3-4 months to complete.
- You will be required to receive a TB test (available for free from the County Health Dept.) and to attend an orientation at the facility that you plan to go into.
|11:00 AM||Keep It Simple Sister (KISS)Women||Greece United Methodist||Greece|
|Noon||Line by Line||Bill & Bob’s||Rochester|
|Noon||Lehigh Station||Henrietta UCC||Henrietta|
|Noon||Everyday Living||Irond. Presbyterian Church, 3rd floor||Irondequoit|
|Noon||Boomers at Noon||Lifespan of Greater Rochester||Rochester|